win binary and hgext

Patrick Drechsler
Hi,

I am having some basic difficulties getting started with Mercurial's
Extensions using the Windows binary downloaded from:

http://mercurial.berkwood.com/binaries/Mercurial-0.9.4-f48290864625.exe

Where is hgext?

Workaround: I compiled Mercurial from source on a GNU/Linux box. Then
I copied the hgext folder to C:\Documents and
Settings\patrick\hgext. This seems to work.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I could not find any answers at the Wiki
(http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/) or in the archives of this
list.

TIA,

Patrick

Version info:

OS: WinXPSP2

hg --version
Mercurial Distributed SCM (version f48290864625+20070705)

Re: win binary and hgext

Lee Cantey-2
Hello Patrick,

On 7/13/07, Patrick Drechsler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Where is hgext?

It's actually inside library.zip.  I have a note to myself about
looking at moving it outside but I haven't had a chance to look at it
yet.

> Workaround: I compiled Mercurial from source on a GNU/Linux box. Then
> I copied the hgext folder to C:\Documents and
> Settings\patrick\hgext. This seems to work.

Since you can put extensions anywhere and specify the path to them
that should surely work.

Regards,
Lee

Re: win binary and hgext

Patrick Drechsler
"Lee Cantey" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 7/13/07, Patrick Drechsler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Where is hgext?
>
> It's actually inside library.zip.

Thanks for the info. I was not able to unpack the file with Windows
default unzipping utility or 7ZIP. Which archiving tool should I use
to unpack this file?

> I have a note to myself about looking at moving it outside but I
> haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
>
>> Workaround: I compiled Mercurial from source on a GNU/Linux
>> box. Then I copied the hgext folder to C:\Documents and
>> Settings\patrick\hgext. This seems to work.
>
> Since you can put extensions anywhere and specify the path to them
> that should surely work.

OK, so at least I was on the right track.

Thanks again,

Patrick
--
Snoopy (on being house-trained with a rolled-up newspaper):
It does tend however to give one a rather distorted view of the press!

Re: win binary and hgext

Lee Cantey-2
On 7/13/07, Patrick Drechsler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I was not able to unpack the file with Windows
> default unzipping utility or 7ZIP. Which archiving tool should I use
> to unpack this file?

UnZip from http://www.info-zip.org handles it (along with the Python
zipfile module).

Regards,
Lee

Re: win binary and hgext

Patrick Drechsler
"Lee Cantey" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 7/13/07, Patrick Drechsler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was not able to unpack the file with Windows default unzipping
>> utility or 7ZIP. Which archiving tool should I use to unpack this
>> file?
>
> UnZip from http://www.info-zip.org handles it (along with the Python
> zipfile module).

Thanks, works like charm!

Cheers,

Patrick
--
Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind.        -- Donald Knuth