strange differences between local repos.

strange differences between local repos.

Uwe Brauer
Hi

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, mercurial 4-2.rc.

I have my HG repos on two laptops and I used an USB to synchronize
between both laptop. I relied on rsync and from time to time I found
problems when running hg verify, so I switched the method. I now push
from repo1_lap1-->USB-->repo1_lap2
for example

 hg -R repo1 /media/oub/USB/repo2

And hg tells me no change found.

I checked via dirdiff and there are small difference, for example
.hg/cache/checkisexec
is missing on the USB.

Is this harmful?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

Re: strange differences between local repos.

Yuya Nishihara
On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:30:58 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> from repo1_lap1-->USB-->repo1_lap2
> for example
>
>  hg -R repo1 /media/oub/USB/repo2
>
> And hg tells me no change found.
>
> I checked via dirdiff and there are small difference, for example
> .hg/cache/checkisexec
> is missing on the USB.
>
> Is this harmful?

No.