security

Michal Hlavac
Hello,

we are deciding to use mercurial as central repository for company's
projects... I have some questions:

1. We need to use https protocol for remote server.
2. Is it possible to use client certificate authentication?
3. Is it possible to prohibit HTTP protocol and use only HTTPS?
4. Is it possible to use ACL plugin when I am using apache users (not system
users)

And last question. Where can I found some documentation about installing
mercurial remote server???

thanks, miso

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: security

Miki Tebeka-4
Hello Michal,

> we are deciding to use mercurial as central repository for company's
> projects... I have some questions:
>
> 1. We need to use https protocol for remote server.
> 2. Is it possible to use client certificate authentication?
> 3. Is it possible to prohibit HTTP protocol and use only HTTPS?
> 4. Is it possible to use ACL plugin when I am using apache users (not system
> users)
IMO you can do all of the above if you use a web server above
hgweb.cgi or hgwebdir.cgi.

> And last question. Where can I found some documentation about installing
> mercurial remote server???
http://hgbook.red-bean.com/hgbookch6.html#x10-1070006

HTH.

All the best,