pushing a repo with subrepos to usb

Uwe Brauer
Hi

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and mercurial 4.2-rc.

Since I had problem with rsync I try to push my local repo (laptop1) to a USB and
later from to the usb to repo (laptop 2).

That works well however one repo as two subrepos.

repo1/subrepo1
     /subrepo2

So I try to push
hg push -R /home/oub/repo1 /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/repo1
but I obtain

pushing subrepo subrepo1  to /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/suprepo1
abort: repository /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/suprepo1

The message is correct since I have

quim-hojas-problemas = ../quim-hojas-problemas
curso_2016_17 = ../curso_2016_17

In my .hgsub file.

I had to use that setting since otherwise I cannot push that repo (and
its subrepos) to bitbucket.

So what is the best setting in this situation? Can I find a setting with
satisfies both needs, I.e pushing locally and to bitbucket?
I could use links, but I am not huge friends of them, since they make
things messy.

There are third party extension for subrepos, maybe they can deal with
my situation?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

Re: pushing a repo with subrepos to usb

Yuya Nishihara
On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:41:56 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> That works well however one repo as two subrepos.
>
> repo1/subrepo1
>      /subrepo2
>
> So I try to push
> hg push -R /home/oub/repo1 /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/repo1
> but I obtain
>
> pushing subrepo subrepo1  to /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/suprepo1
> abort: repository /media/oub/LinuxData/oub/suprepo1
>
> The message is correct since I have
>
> quim-hojas-problemas = ../quim-hojas-problemas
> curso_2016_17 = ../curso_2016_17
>
> In my .hgsub file.
>
> I had to use that setting since otherwise I cannot push that repo (and
> its subrepos) to bitbucket.
>
> So what is the best setting in this situation? Can I find a setting with
> satisfies both needs, I.e pushing locally and to bitbucket?
> I could use links, but I am not huge friends of them, since they make
> things messy.

You can use trivial 'foo = foo' paths and set [subpaths] instead.

https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/Subrepository#Use_.27trivial.27_subrepo_paths_where_possible

Re: pushing a repo with subrepos to usb

Uwe Brauer

   > On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:41:56 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

   > You can use trivial 'foo = foo' paths and set [subpaths] instead.

   > https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/Subrepository#Use_.27trivial.27_subrepo_paths_where_possible

Thanks I tried the following

quim-hojas-problemas = quim-hojas-problemas
curso_2016_17 = curso_2016_17
[subpaths]
https://bitbucket.org/kalthad/hgquim-num-estad/curso_2016_17  = https://bitbucket.org/kalthad/curso_2016_17
https://bitbucket.org/kalthad/hgquim-num-estad/quim-hojas-problemas =
https://bitbucket.org/kalthad/quim-hojas-problemas

When I pushed to bitbucket I obtained

pushing subrepo curso_2016_17 to https://kalthad@.../kalthad/hgquim-num-estad/curso_2016_17
warning: connecting to bitbucket.org using legacy security technology (TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for more info
warning: connecting to bitbucket.org using legacy security technology (TLS 1.0); see https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for more info
searching for changes
abort: repository is unrelated (in subrepo curso_2016_17)

What do I miss?