push local ./hg/hgrc file?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

push local ./hg/hgrc file?

Uwe Brauer

Hi

I want to push repo1 (laptop1) to USB and then to repo1(Laptop2).

The problem is that the local hgrc file will not be pushed since he is
inside the .hg directory,  I could try to make a symbolic link to
another file and add it to hg.


But is there a way to include the information of the local hgrc file in
a unique way to the global hgrc file? Like


[repo]
Repo.repfix = /home/oub/repo1

[hooks]
incoming.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
outgoing.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
[notify]
config = /home/oub/repo1/.hg/notifyconf
test = False
strip = 6
template = Subject: [Bitbucket] {webroot|strip}\n
  branches:  {branches}
  changeset: {rev}:{node|short}
  user:      {author}
  date:      {date|date}
  description:
  {desc}\n

I cannot find a working example in the net.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Uwe Brauer

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: push local ./hg/hgrc file?

Augie Fackler-2

> On Oct 14, 2017, at 4:51 AM, Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi
>
> I want to push repo1 (laptop1) to USB and then to repo1(Laptop2).
>
> The problem is that the local hgrc file will not be pushed since he is
> inside the .hg directory,  I could try to make a symbolic link to
> another file and add it to hg.
>
>
> But is there a way to include the information of the local hgrc file in
> a unique way to the global hgrc file? Like
>
>
> [repo]
> Repo.repfix = /home/oub/repo1
>
> [hooks]
> incoming.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
> outgoing.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
> [notify]
> config = /home/oub/repo1/.hg/notifyconf
> test = False
> strip = 6
> template = Subject: [Bitbucket] {webroot|strip}\n
>  branches:  {branches}
>  changeset: {rev}:{node|short}
>  user:      {author}
>  date:      {date|date}
>  description:
>  {desc}\n
>
> I cannot find a working example in the net.
>
> Any suggestions?

I thought I had a vague memory of a third-party extension that would let you do something like this, but https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/ProjrcExtension appears to be what I was remembering, which I don’t think helps you. We don’t have any way of putting per-repo config options anyplace but in the .hg/hgrc file, sorry.

One option is you might be able to use the %include syntax in the .hg/hgrc file - see `hg help config` for more details.

> Thanks
>
> Uwe Brauer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mercurial mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: push local ./hg/hgrc file?

Michael McNeil Forbes

> On Oct 14, 2017, at 10:15 PM, Augie Fackler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On Oct 14, 2017, at 4:51 AM, Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to push repo1 (laptop1) to USB and then to repo1(Laptop2).
>>
>> The problem is that the local hgrc file will not be pushed since he is
>> inside the .hg directory,  I could try to make a symbolic link to
>> another file and add it to hg.
>>
>>
>> But is there a way to include the information of the local hgrc file in
>> a unique way to the global hgrc file? Like
>>
>>
>> [repo]
>> Repo.repfix = /home/oub/repo1
>>
>> [hooks]
>> incoming.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
>> outgoing.notify = python:hgext.notify.hook
>> [notify]
>> config = /home/oub/repo1/.hg/notifyconf
>> test = False
>> strip = 6
>> template = Subject: [Bitbucket] {webroot|strip}\n
>> branches:  {branches}
>> changeset: {rev}:{node|short}
>> user:      {author}
>> date:      {date|date}
>> description:
>> {desc}\n
>>
>> I cannot find a working example in the net.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> I thought I had a vague memory of a third-party extension that would let you do something like this, but https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/ProjrcExtension appears to be what I was remembering, which I don’t think helps you. We don’t have any way of putting per-repo config options anyplace but in the .hg/hgrc file, sorry.
>
> One option is you might be able to use the %include syntax in the .hg/hgrc file - see `hg help config` for more details.

I do this with the following hook (which I keep in my ~/.hgrc file).  Then I can keep customizations in the project's .hgrc file which will get pushed.  This hook will add "%include ../.hgrc" to the projects ".hg/hgrc" file on update if the file exists and is not already included.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/24195392/1088938

[hooks]
# This hook adds "%include ../.hgrc" to .hg/hgrc if the .hgrc file exists in
# the top level.  This allows one to store a set of paths for example.
# See http://stackoverflow.com/a/24195392/1088938
update = if [ -e .hgrc ] && touch .hg/hgrc \
                         && ! grep -q '%include \.\./\.hgrc' .hg/hgrc; then \
           echo '%include ../.hgrc' >> .hg/hgrc; \
         fi


>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Uwe Brauer
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mercurial mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mercurial mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial