how to close a bitbucket repo

Robin Becker
I am moving some public repos from bitbucket to our own server.

I can delete the original repository, but that drops all information etc etc.

I can of course commit a change to the Bitbucket blurb for the repos saying the repo is dead and where to go for the
maintained version.

Is there a way to prevent pushing that can be done?

Experimentation shows that the repos hgrc

[web]
allow_push=

will prevent pushing in a sandbox repository in our takeover server (which just uses  a cgi script hg.cgi).

However, I don't think I can push that sort of change.
Is there any way to make a bitbucket repository readonly?
--
Robin Becker

Re: how to close a bitbucket repo

Paul Franz-4
Robin,
        This depends on how you have access to the repo setup. Do you have a single shared account or do have a team of people with accounts?

        If it is a single shared account, then you are pretty screwed in making this seamless. Because you would need to create another account and transfer ownership of repo to that account and make the original account have “Read” access. But this changes the URL of the repo.

        If people have individual accounts, then you just need to go to the “Settings” page for the repo and change people’s access to be “Read” instead of “Write” or “Admin”.

Paul Franz
Twitter: PaulFranz
"May the Lord Grant You Extra Innings"

> On Sep 20, 2019, at 5:24 AM, Robin Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am moving some public repos from bitbucket to our own server.
>
> I can delete the original repository, but that drops all information etc etc.
>
> I can of course commit a change to the Bitbucket blurb for the repos saying the repo is dead and where to go for the maintained version.
>
> Is there a way to prevent pushing that can be done?
>
> Experimentation shows that the repos hgrc
>
> [web]
> allow_push=
>
> will prevent pushing in a sandbox repository in our takeover server (which just uses  a cgi script hg.cgi).
>
> However, I don't think I can push that sort of change.
> Is there any way to make a bitbucket repository readonly?
> --
> Robin Becker

Re: how to close a bitbucket repo

Robin Becker
Thanks very much Paul,

On 20/09/2019 10:49, Paul Franz wrote:
> Robin,
> This depends on how you have access to the repo setup. Do you have a single shared account or do have a team of people with accounts?
>
> If it is a single shared account, then you are pretty screwed in making this seamless. Because you would need to create another account and transfer ownership of repo to that account and make the original account have “Read” access. But this changes the URL of the repo.
> > If people have individual accounts, then you just need to go to the “Settings” page for the repo and change people’s
access to be “Read” instead of “Write” or

I think we have a team situation so I can at least close off the accounts from writing & that will prevent the repo from
being used by mistake.

“Admin”.

> Paul Franz
> Twitter: PaulFranz
> "May the Lord Grant You Extra Innings"
>

>> On Sep 20, 2019, at 5:24 AM, Robin Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Robin Becker