error building hgcli

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

error building hgcli

Chuck Tuffli
I'm new to the rust hgcli and am hitting an error. What is the error
message trying to tell me?

  Building wheel for mercurial (PEP 517): finished with status 'done'
  Created wheel for mercurial:
filename=mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1-cp38-cp38-linux_x86_64.whl
size=4899690 sha256=ca4503f9d7a6570e5468e34320dfddba87650a3dde9a22214f681dd6493f7059
  Stored in directory:
/tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-_apc34xv/wheels/cb/5f/83/fea064d8a4ef765f3522ef8ae2919da8f589cf20a8cbb7f665
Successfully built mercurial
Installing collected packages: mercurial

Successfully installed mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1
Removed build tracker: '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-dbx8taye'
error[PYOXIDIZER_BUILD]: extension module
hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be loaded from memory but
memory loading required
  --> ./pyoxidizer.bzl:70:5
   |
70 |     exe.add_python_resources(exe.pip_install(["--verbose", ROOT]))
   |     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
add_python_resources()


error: extension module hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be
loaded from memory but memory loading required

This is with a recent version of default (changeset:
46794:e2f7b2695ba1) on an Ubuntu 20.04 system.

--chuck
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building hgcli

Augie Fackler-2
(+ a Rust expert)

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM Chuck Tuffli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I'm new to the rust hgcli and am hitting an error. What is the error
> message trying to tell me?
>
>   Building wheel for mercurial (PEP 517): finished with status 'done'
>   Created wheel for mercurial:
> filename=mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1-cp38-cp38-linux_x86_64.whl
> size=4899690 sha256=ca4503f9d7a6570e5468e34320dfddba87650a3dde9a22214f681dd6493f7059
>   Stored in directory:
> /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-_apc34xv/wheels/cb/5f/83/fea064d8a4ef765f3522ef8ae2919da8f589cf20a8cbb7f665
> Successfully built mercurial
> Installing collected packages: mercurial
>
> Successfully installed mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1
> Removed build tracker: '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-dbx8taye'
> error[PYOXIDIZER_BUILD]: extension module
> hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be loaded from memory but
> memory loading required
>   --> ./pyoxidizer.bzl:70:5
>    |
> 70 |     exe.add_python_resources(exe.pip_install(["--verbose", ROOT]))
>    |     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> add_python_resources()
>
>
> error: extension module hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be
> loaded from memory but memory loading required
>
> This is with a recent version of default (changeset:
> 46794:e2f7b2695ba1) on an Ubuntu 20.04 system.
>
> --chuck
> _______________________________________________
> Mercurial mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building hgcli

Pierre-Yves David-2
This looks like a pyoxidizer issue, I don't think anyone at Octobus
played with that, but I think some Googler did. Do you know who we
should ping ?

On 3/22/21 5:06 AM, Augie Fackler wrote:

> (+ a Rust expert)
>
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM Chuck Tuffli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to the rust hgcli and am hitting an error. What is the error
>> message trying to tell me?
>>
>>    Building wheel for mercurial (PEP 517): finished with status 'done'
>>    Created wheel for mercurial:
>> filename=mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1-cp38-cp38-linux_x86_64.whl
>> size=4899690 sha256=ca4503f9d7a6570e5468e34320dfddba87650a3dde9a22214f681dd6493f7059
>>    Stored in directory:
>> /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-_apc34xv/wheels/cb/5f/83/fea064d8a4ef765f3522ef8ae2919da8f589cf20a8cbb7f665
>> Successfully built mercurial
>> Installing collected packages: mercurial
>>
>> Successfully installed mercurial-5.7.1+hg412.e2f7b2695ba1
>> Removed build tracker: '/tmp/pip-req-tracker-dbx8taye'
>> error[PYOXIDIZER_BUILD]: extension module
>> hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be loaded from memory but
>> memory loading required
>>    --> ./pyoxidizer.bzl:70:5
>>     |
>> 70 |     exe.add_python_resources(exe.pip_install(["--verbose", ROOT]))
>>     |     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> add_python_resources()
>>
>>
>> error: extension module hgext.fsmonitor.pywatchman.bser cannot be
>> loaded from memory but memory loading required
>>
>> This is with a recent version of default (changeset:
>> 46794:e2f7b2695ba1) on an Ubuntu 20.04 system.
>>
>> --chuck
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mercurial mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
> _______________________________________________
> Mercurial mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
>

--
Pierre-Yves David
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building hgcli

Pierre-Yves David-2
You should have a look at rhg then. the code lives in `rust/rhg`, you
can build it with `make build-rhg`.

It is a minimal command line executable that implement a subset of
Mercurial command and can fallback to the python one for case it cannot
handle. They are a fast field of work available, I will let my colleague
chime in on that.

On 4/1/21 1:12 AM, Chuck Tuffli wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 3:33 AM Pierre-Yves David
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This looks like a pyoxidizer issue, I don't think anyone at Octobus
>> played with that, but I think some Googler did. Do you know who we
>> should ping ?
>
> Let me take a different approach. I'm interested in helping with
> Mercurial's Rust implementation. Where would be the best place for me
> to help?
>
> --chuck
>

--
Pierre-Yves David
_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial