bitbucket issues org-sync

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bitbucket issues org-sync

Uwe Brauer
Hi

That might be a bit off topic, but I hope to find some GNU emacs users
here on that list. I just learned there exist
https://github.com/arbox/org-sync

A elisp package for emacs which imports and exports issues from github
bb and others to emacs org mode. Unfortunately for me the import  works but
not the export. I asked the author, but did anybody here try out that
package?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bitbucket issues org-sync

Mario Castelán Castro
On 22/08/17 10:50, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> A elisp package for emacs which imports and exports issues from github
> bb and others to emacs org mode. Unfortunately for me the import  works but
> not the export. I asked the author, but did anybody here try out that
> package?

Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question, even though I
use GNU Emacs, but I have another question for you:

Do Github and Bitbucket lack the capability the “issues” (i.e.: bug
reports) in a machine-readable format?

--
Do not eat animals, respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan


_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

signature.asc (235 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bitbucket issues org-sync

Uwe Brauer
>>> "Mario" == Mario Castelán Castro <[hidden email]> writes:

   > On 22/08/17 10:50, Uwe Brauer wrote:

   >> A elisp package for emacs which imports and exports issues from
   >> github bb and others to emacs org mode. Unfortunately for me the
   >> import works but not the export. I asked the author, but did
   >> anybody here try out that package?

   > Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question, even though I
   > use GNU Emacs, but I have another question for you:

   > Do Github and Bitbucket lack the capability the “issues” (i.e.: bug
   > reports) in a machine-readable format?

Not sure about that question, I think bitbucket has an api doing this,
but better someone from bitbucket reading this, will answer that.

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bitbucket issues org-sync

Sean Farley-3
In reply to this post by Uwe Brauer

Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
>
> That might be a bit off topic, but I hope to find some GNU emacs users
> here on that list. I just learned there exist
> https://github.com/arbox/org-sync
>
> A elisp package for emacs which imports and exports issues from github
> bb and others to emacs org mode. Unfortunately for me the import  works but
> not the export. I asked the author, but did anybody here try out that
> package?
I suspect I can help you since I work at Bitbucket and am a heavy user
of org-mode (emacs 4 life).

For my own personal tastes, I haven't really liked syncing issues to and
from org-mode because it's usually too unwieldy. Regardless, I'll try to
help here. If you can ping me on IRC, that's usually easier for me to
track.

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

signature.asc (815 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bitbucket issues org-sync

Uwe Brauer

   > Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> writes:


   > I suspect I can help you since I work at Bitbucket and am a heavy user
   > of org-mode (emacs 4 life).

Thanks I appreciate that. Right now this week I am very busy, but when I
find the time I start debugging it.

   > For my own personal tastes, I haven't really liked syncing issues to and
   > from org-mode because it's usually too unwieldy.

Did you ever tried that package? It seems that the author has abandoned
it, at least the github issues are pretty dead, maybe he did so because
of the problem of exporting issues to bitbucket?

Uwe

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bitbucket issues org-sync

Sean Farley-3

Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>
>    > I suspect I can help you since I work at Bitbucket and am a heavy user
>    > of org-mode (emacs 4 life).
>
> Thanks I appreciate that. Right now this week I am very busy, but when I
> find the time I start debugging it.

Yeah, same for me (a bit of international travel and then under the weather).

>    > For my own personal tastes, I haven't really liked syncing issues to and
>    > from org-mode because it's usually too unwieldy.
>
> Did you ever tried that package? It seems that the author has abandoned
> it, at least the github issues are pretty dead, maybe he did so because
> of the problem of exporting issues to bitbucket?

No, I haven't used that particular package but will try it out later
this weekend.

As for our APIs, I think all of our endpoints (or most all of them) have
autogenerated docs via our swagger implementation. I haven't tried to
write a library using that, though; so perhaps it's not as polished as
I hope it is.

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

signature.asc (815 bytes) Download Attachment