abort: untracked files in working directory differ from files in requested revision

abort: untracked files in working directory differ from files in requested revision

Uwe Brauer

Hi

This is bizarre. I created a new named branch, added a few changesets
and pushed. My collaborator added some changesets (and new files) to the
default branch and pushed.

I pulled and now run

 hg tip up,

To see what's new on the default branch and obtain

abort: untracked files in working directory differ from files in requested revision

Now what is the  best strategy to deal with this?

    1. I could strip his changes merge my branch into default and pull
       again, however I am not really sure I want to merge at this state.

Re: abort: untracked files in working directory differ from files in requested revision

Pierre-Yves David-2
The issue here are the untracked files in your working directory. What
does `hg status` says?

On 8/1/20 9:28 AM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is bizarre. I created a new named branch, added a few changesets
> and pushed. My collaborator added some changesets (and new files) to the
> default branch and pushed.
>
> I pulled and now run
>
>   hg tip up,
>
> To see what's new on the default branch and obtain
>
> abort: untracked files in working directory differ from files in requested revision
>
> Now what is the  best strategy to deal with this?
>
>      1. I could strip his changes merge my branch into default and pull
>         again, however I am not really sure I want to merge at this state.

Pierre-Yves David

>>> "PD" == Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> writes:

   > The issue here are the untracked files in your working directory. What
   > does `hg status` says?

Nothing, this is the bizarre thing.

But I found the reason for the reported misbhaviour.

Apparently my collaborator renamed a file via mv old new, overwriting an
existing file. He seems to have forgotten to run

hg addremove

So I had to do hg add new (which existed) and everything was fine again.
The strange thing was that hg status did not return anything. May be
this is a bug?

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

On 8/1/20 1:48 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>     > The issue here are the untracked files in your working directory. What
>     > does `hg status` says?
>
> Nothing, this is the bizarre thing.
>
> But I found the reason for the reported misbhaviour.
>
> Apparently my collaborator renamed a file via mv old new, overwriting an
> existing file. He seems to have forgotten to run
>
> hg addremove
>
> So I had to do hg add new (which existed) and everything was fine again.
> The strange thing was that hg status did not return anything. May be
> this is a bug?

Was the file matched by some rule in `hg ignore` ?

hg status -i would list it then.

--
Pierre-Yves David