Re: Question on the default hgweb templates

Re: Question on the default hgweb templates

Steve Greenland
According to Sean Kelley <[hidden email]>:

> I wanted to make a single change to the gitweb template used by hgweb.
>  I wanted to always have a "Projects" link that prefixes the path.  So
> at any page on hgweb, if you just click the far left "Projects" word
> you get back to the list of repos.
>
> So instead of seeing this on the summary page:
>
> tulip/apps/lex / summary
>
> I see:
>
> projects / tulip/apps/lex / summary
>
> and no matter where you go you can always get back to the projects list.
>
> Any suggestions on where to make this change?

Here's what I did when I wanted something similar. I do not represent it
as the simplest way...I was stumbling through this experimentally.

Copied /usr/share/templates to /srv/app/templates. Renamed gitweb to
sgweb. (At this point I initialized a repo here, and put all the mods
under mq, so that when the gitweb template gets updated, I can just copy
it in and reapply the patches. I hope.)

Modified *both* /srv/apps/hgweb.conf and /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d/hgweb.rc
to include "styles=/srv/apps/templates/sgweb". (Sidenote: it is *really*
annoying/confusing hgwebdir.cgi doesnot (cannot?) share configuration
with the hg web service.) (Sidenote 2: the bit about hgrc.d/hgweb.rc
maybe be Debian specific.)

Sadly, the part of the templates you need to modify is not shared, and
you'll need to modify each of the "top-level" templates. It looks like
grepping for "page_header" will find the right files.

I'd be happy to hear of a cleaner way...

Regards,
Steve
--
Steve Greenland