Mercurial 5.4 Sprint; Paris, France; March 27th-29th.

Mercurial 5.4 Sprint; Paris, France; March 27th-29th.

Pierre-Yves David-2
Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that we have a Community sprint coming. It will be
held in Paris, France from Friday March 27th to Sunday 29th 2020.

Everyone is welcome from core developers to aspiring contributors.
Attending a Mercurial sprint is usually a good way to kickstart your
contributions as you'll get a large amount of help available for 3 days.

The sprint will be hosted by:

   Mozilla Paris
   117/119 quai de Valmy,
   Paris 75010,
   France

Some travel sponsoring will be available, reach out to us if you need
some. Likewise, reach out to use if you need some paper work for
immigration purpose.

See you in Paris.

--
Pierre-Yves David

Re: Mercurial 5.4 Sprint; Paris, France; March 27th-29th.

Pierre-Yves David-2
Hello everyone

Unfortunately with the covid-19 crisis escalating world-wide we might
need to change plan…

France is getting its first restriction measure, for now this is only
about events over 5 000 people, but I would not be surprised if further
measure are taken in the coming weeks.

In addition, Augie Fackler also just informed me that Google suspended
all international travel, effectively cancelling their ability to attend.

So we might have to downscale this to a more local event, delay it later
this year or any suitable options.

So hold your travel plan on until we figure this out.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Yves David

Re: Mercurial 5.4 Sprint; Paris, France; March 27th-29th.

Pierre-Yves David-2
Hello again,

TL;DR: The end of March sprint is cancelled. It will be rescheduled once
the pandemic settled down.

Given he current trend and the restriction already in place. We have to
cancel the current sprint plan.

Avoiding extra mixing of people is the responsible things to do at this
point. In addition, Most oversee attended have cancelled, France is
setting strong restriction and the Mozilla office will be closed.

Once travel will be an option again, we will reschedule a European based
sprint. In the meantime, we might try and schedule some video session to
discuss some important topic.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Yves David