Mercurial 1.7 released!

Matt Mackall
Full details here:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WhatsNew

Available for download at:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/release/mercurial-1.7.tar.gz

Binaries releases to follow shortly.

Many thanks to new contributors including:

Alexandre Fayolle
Andreas Freimuth
Anthony Foiani
Arnab Bose
Azhagu Selvan SP
Christian Fischer
Christoph Mewes
Dan Drake
Daniel Dumitriu
Daniel J. Lauk
Eduard-Cristian Stefan
Erik Zielke
Idan Kamara
Jason Harris
Juan Pablo Aroztegi
L. David Baron
Martin Roppelt
Mike Sperber
Paolo Giarrusso
Ryan Phillips
Sol Jerome
Xavier Snelgrove
Yann E. MORIN

Re: Mercurial 1.7 released!

Lee Cantey-2
The Mac OS/X binaries at http://mercurial.berkwood.com are updated and
you can obtain them there until the main page is updated.

Re: Mercurial 1.7 released!

Pascal Quantin-2
Le 01/11/2010 23:50, Matt Mackall a écrit :
> Full details here:
>
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WhatsNew
>
> Available for download at:
>
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/release/mercurial-1.7.tar.gz
>
> Binaries releases to follow shortly

Hi,

the Windows Inno Setup based installers (32-bit or 64-bit, does not need admin rights) are
available here:
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Download

If you have previously installed Mercurial through the msi based
installer, please do not use this installer (both are incompatible).

Regards,
Pascal.

Re: Mercurial 1.7 released!

Stanimir Stamenkov-3
Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:50:48 -0500, /Matt Mackall/:

> Full details here:
>
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WhatsNew

> 1.2. Commands
>     * merge: don't detect copies as "divergent renames", make error
> message more helpful

Could some give a reference explaining this in a bit more detail?
Does this mean true/full renames will not be "followed" when merging
or does it mean just simple copies (w/o having the original deleted)
will not be followed when merging, or?

--
Stanimir

Re: Mercurial 1.7 released!

Matt Mackall
On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 23:13 +0200, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:50:48 -0500, /Matt Mackall/:
>
> > Full details here:
> >
> > http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WhatsNew
>
> > 1.2. Commands
> >     * merge: don't detect copies as "divergent renames", make error
> > message more helpful
>
> Could some give a reference explaining this in a bit more detail?

If Alice renames foo to bar, and Bob simultaneously renames foo to baz,
then merges with Alice, Bob gets a "diverent rename" warning rather than
a conflict.

In 1.7, we (a) only give this warning for renames, not copies and (b)
we've made the message a bit different:

note: possible conflict - foo was renamed multiple times to:
 bar
 baz

> Does this mean true/full renames will not be "followed" when merging
> or does it mean just simple copies (w/o having the original deleted)
> will not be followed when merging, or?

Normal behavior for copies and renames continues as always, only the
warning message for one corner case has changed. If you've never seen
this warning, then all is as before.

Re: Mercurial 1.7 released!

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen-2
On 3 Nov 2010, at 22:25, Matt Mackall wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 23:13 +0200, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>
>> Does this mean true/full renames will not be "followed" when merging
>> or does it mean just simple copies (w/o having the original deleted)
>> will not be followed when merging, or?
>
> Normal behavior for copies and renames continues as always, only the
> warning message for one corner case has changed. If you've never seen
> this warning, then all is as before.

This line in the release notes was inaccurate, as the divergent
renames warning was never an error. I changed it to say “…make
diagnostic message more helpful.” Sorry about the confusion :-)

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment