Maintainer for Website needed

David Soria Parra-3
Hey Team,

I am currently still the maintainer of the Mercurial website found at https://bitbucket.org/segv/hg-website.
Last year the website has been run in very basic maintainence mode because of my lack of time. However I think
the website deserves more time as it has great potential.

As such I am looking for someone to step up and take over the website. I am happy to grand admin access on bitbucket
or move the repository somewhere else. I can help out during the move, but if nobody is found, we have to coninue the
current mode.

Thanks in advance
- David

Re: Maintainer for Website needed

Pierre-Yves David-2
On 03/08/2016 10:33 AM, David Soria Parra wrote:
> Hey Team,
>
> I am currently still the maintainer of the Mercurial website found at https://bitbucket.org/segv/hg-website.
> Last year the website has been run in very basic maintainence mode because of my lack of time. However I think
> the website deserves more time as it has great potential.
>
> As such I am looking for someone to step up and take over the website. I am happy to grand admin access on bitbucket
> or move the repository somewhere else. I can help out during the move, but if nobody is found, we have to coninue the
> current mode.

To move forward with this, the website repository is now hosted on the
project infrastructure: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/repo/hg-website/

Please patch-bomb using the "website" flag if you want to update it.

We are still looking for someone to take care of it so if you are
interested do not hesitate to raise your hand.

There is one last thing to take care of. David's bitbucket account have
a wiki about this website. I dunno how much of it should be migrated to
the project wiki but we need to get that done before David can turn his
repository of: https://bitbucket.org/segv/hg-website/wiki/Home

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Yves David

Re: Maintainer for Website needed

Sean Farley-3

Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 03/08/2016 10:33 AM, David Soria Parra wrote:
>> Hey Team,
>>
>> I am currently still the maintainer of the Mercurial website found at https://bitbucket.org/segv/hg-website.
>> Last year the website has been run in very basic maintainence mode because of my lack of time. However I think
>> the website deserves more time as it has great potential.
>>
>> As such I am looking for someone to step up and take over the website. I am happy to grand admin access on bitbucket
>> or move the repository somewhere else. I can help out during the move, but if nobody is found, we have to coninue the
>> current mode.
>
> To move forward with this, the website repository is now hosted on the
> project infrastructure: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/repo/hg-website/

For shits and giggles, I edited the history to close branches properly
and be a little more clean:

https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/hgwebsite

> Please patch-bomb using the "website" flag if you want to update it.
>
> We are still looking for someone to take care of it so if you are
> interested do not hesitate to raise your hand.

I'm thinking about it. We'll see how much time I have.

Sean Farley <[hidden email]> writes:

> Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> On 03/08/2016 10:33 AM, David Soria Parra wrote:
>>> Hey Team,
>>>
>>> I am currently still the maintainer of the Mercurial website found at https://bitbucket.org/segv/hg-website.
>>> Last year the website has been run in very basic maintainence mode because of my lack of time. However I think
>>> the website deserves more time as it has great potential.
>>>
>>> As such I am looking for someone to step up and take over the website. I am happy to grand admin access on bitbucket
>>> or move the repository somewhere else. I can help out during the move, but if nobody is found, we have to coninue the
>>> current mode.
>>
>> To move forward with this, the website repository is now hosted on the
>> project infrastructure: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/repo/hg-website/
>
> For shits and giggles, I edited the history to close branches properly
> and be a little more clean:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/hgwebsite

Gentle ping about this. You can pull from this but need to run:

$ hg phase -fd 4224

On 03/28/2016 10:38 AM, Sean Farley wrote:

> Sean Farley <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> writes:

>>> To move forward with this, the website repository is now hosted on the
>>> project infrastructure: https://www.mercurial-scm.org/repo/hg-website/
>>
>> For shits and giggles, I edited the history to close branches properly
>> and be a little more clean:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/hgwebsite
>
> Gentle ping about this. You can pull from this but need to run:
>
> $ hg phase -fd 4224

I've no strong opinion about this, I don't really see the state of the
old history as a huge problem but now that sean went into the trouble of
fixing it, why not ?

If other people involved in the website (anton?) would like to jump in
and express an opinion. I would be happy to apply whatever is chosen

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Yves David

Re: Maintainer for Website needed

Anton Shestakov-3
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:35:36 -0700
Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/28/2016 10:38 AM, Sean Farley wrote:
> >
> > Sean Farley <[hidden email]> writes:

> >> For shits and giggles, I edited the history to close branches
> >> properly and be a little more clean:
> >>
> >> https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/hgwebsite
> >
> > Gentle ping about this. You can pull from this but need to run:
> >
> > $ hg phase -fd 4224
>
> I've no strong opinion about this, I don't really see the state of
> the old history as a huge problem but now that sean went into the
> trouble of fixing it, why not ?
>
> If other people involved in the website (anton?) would like to jump
> in and express an opinion. I would be happy to apply whatever is
> chosen

I also say why not.

New repo location suggests that people won't be using pull requests with
named branches for contributing to it now, so it makes sense to close
the old feature branches, even just to clean up hg heads output. I
don't mind if it's done as a history rewrite or as a bunch of separate
--close-branch commits.

On 03/28/2016 09:33 PM, Anton Shestakov wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 17:35:36 -0700
> Pierre-Yves David <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Gentle ping about this. You can pull from this but need to run:
>>>
>>> $ hg phase -fd 4224
>>
>> I've no strong opinion about this, I don't really see the state of
>> the old history as a huge problem but now that sean went into the
>> trouble of fixing it, why not ?
>>
>> If other people involved in the website (anton?) would like to jump
>> in and express an opinion. I would be happy to apply whatever is
>> chosen
>
> I also say why not.
>
> New repo location suggests that people won't be using pull requests with
> named branches for contributing to it now, so it makes sense to close
> the old feature branches, even just to clean up hg heads output. I
> don't mind if it's done as a history rewrite or as a bunch of separate
> --close-branch commits.

Given an impressive majority of 1 out 1 people that care that are
interrested in this rewrite, I've applied it. Thanks goes to Sean for
cleaning this up.

Reclone/rephase/rerere to put your repository back into shape.

Cheers,

--
Pierre-Yves David