LWN coverage

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LWN coverage

Marcus Harnisch-2
Hi all

In a recent LWN article about a new Git release
(https://lwn.net/Articles/827174/), readers remarked that coverage of
other VCS was rather sparse in comparison, to which Jonathan Corbet replied:

> Posted Jul 29, 2020 20:38 UTC (Wed) by corbet (editor, #1) [Link]
> At least, we announce new versions when we actually have a release announcement
> to work from. Some projects are rather better about sending those out than others.

Perhaps someone knowledgeable would like to submit something.

Cheers,
Marcus


_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LWN coverage

Augie Fackler-2
If you tell us where to send announcements, I can add it as an optional step to the release checklist.

Thanks!

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 03:58, Marcus Harnisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> In a recent LWN article about a new Git release (https://lwn.net/Articles/827174/), readers remarked that coverage of other VCS was rather sparse in comparison, to which Jonathan Corbet replied:
>
>> Posted Jul 29, 2020 20:38 UTC (Wed) by corbet (editor, #1) [Link]
>> At least, we announce new versions when we actually have a release announcement
>> to work from. Some projects are rather better about sending those out than others.
>
> Perhaps someone knowledgeable would like to submit something.
>
> Cheers,
> Marcus
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mercurial mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LWN coverage

Marcus Harnisch-2
Hi Augie

On 30/07/2020 21.51, Augie Fackler wrote:
> If you tell us where to send announcements, I can add it as an optional
> step to the release checklist.

That'd be useful. The website says about “story submissions” to send
them to <[hidden email]>

Cheers,
Marcus

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LWN coverage

Georges Racinet-2
On 7/31/20 9:13 AM, Marcus Harnisch wrote:
> Hi Augie
>
> On 30/07/2020 21.51, Augie Fackler wrote:
>> If you tell us where to send announcements, I can add it as an optional
>> step to the release checklist.
>
> That'd be useful. The website says about “story submissions” to send
> them to <[hidden email]>

The article is mostly the email sent to the Git mailing list, like many
such announcements on LWN. I believe they'd just need a pointer to
something similar. I've asked how it works: https://lwn.net/Articles/828021/

(I see that hg 5.5 is on PyPI, by the way, congrats!)


--
Georges Racinet
https://octobus.net, https://about.heptapod.host, https://heptapod.net
GPG: BF5456F4DC625443849B6E58EE20CA44EF691D39, sur serveurs publics



_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LWN coverage

Marcus Harnisch-2
On 04/08/2020 17.03, Georges Racinet wrote:
> The article is mostly the email sent to the Git mailing list, like many
> such announcements on LWN. I believe they'd just need a pointer to
> something similar. I've asked how it works: https://lwn.net/Articles/828021/
>
> (I see that hg 5.5 is on PyPI, by the way, congrats!)

Brilliant, thanks.

_______________________________________________
Mercurial mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/mailman/listinfo/mercurial