HTTP Error 431 when pulling/pushing

David Demelier-2
Hello,

For the first time, I need your help. I can't figure out why today some
of my repositories are unable to be pulled or pushed. I get the
following error:

$ hg pull
pulling from http://hg.malikania.fr/irccd/3.0.0
searching for changes
abort: HTTP Error 431:

It does the same if trying to push. My webserver configuration has not
changed, and nothing was updated at all.

David

Re: HTTP Error 431 when pulling/pushing

David Demelier-2
On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 07:34 +0200, David Demelier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the first time, I need your help. I can't figure out why today
> some
> of my repositories are unable to be pulled or pushed. I get the
> following error:
>
> $ hg pull
> pulling from http://hg.malikania.fr/irccd/3.0.0
> searching for changes
> abort: HTTP Error 431:
>
> It does the same if trying to push. My webserver configuration has
> not
> changed, and nothing was updated at all.

A brand new clone works fine, it looks like there is something wrong
with my current repository. Any debug commands to see what could be the
problem?

Re: HTTP Error 431 when pulling/pushing

Jérôme Godbout
I had a similar problems lately, try to run hg verify on you repos (sound like a corrupted file somewhere, mine was 00manifest.i).

bodycad
Jerome Godbout
Software Developer
2035 rue du Haut-Bord, Québec, QC, Canada. G1N 4R7
T:  +1 418 527-1388
E: [hidden email]
www.bodycad.com

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Le contenu de ce message et les pièces jointes sont destinés uniquement pour le(s) destinataire(s) et peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles et / ou privilégiées qui peuvent être protégées légalement contre toute divulgation. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message ou son agent, ou si ce message vous a été adressé par erreur, s’il vous plaît avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur par courriel de réponse, puis supprimer ce message et les pièces jointes. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, vous êtes par la présente informé que toute utilisation, diffusion, copie, ou stockage de ce message ou de ses pièces jointes est strictement interdit.

Le 2017-08-17 08:29, David Demelier a écrit :

> On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 07:34 +0200, David Demelier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> For the first time, I need your help. I can't figure out why today
>> some
>> of my repositories are unable to be pulled or pushed. I get the
>> following error:
>>
>> $ hg pull
>> pulling from http://hg.malikania.fr/irccd/3.0.0
>> searching for changes
>> abort: HTTP Error 431:

Hello all,

It happened again even with my new clone. I really need some help
because I can't figure out why it happens randomly.

The verify commands does not help a lot.

$ hg verify
checking changesets
checking manifests
crosschecking files in changesets and manifests
checking files
1375 files, 523 changesets, 5272 total revisions

--
David Demelier

[SOLVED] Re: HTTP Error 431 when pulling/pushing

David Demelier-2
Le 2017-08-21 14:06, David Demelier a écrit :

> Le 2017-08-17 08:29, David Demelier a écrit :
>> On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 07:34 +0200, David Demelier wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> For the first time, I need your help. I can't figure out why today
>>> some
>>> of my repositories are unable to be pulled or pushed. I get the
>>> following error:
>>>
>>> $ hg pull
>>> pulling from http://hg.malikania.fr/irccd/3.0.0
>>> searching for changes
>>> abort: HTTP Error 431:

I've finally found the culprit, even though lighttpd should have sent an
error to Mercurial, but you need to increase this variable:

     server.max-request-field-size = 16777216

HTH for people using lighttpd. Sorry for the noise!

Regards

--
David Demelier